12.19.2007

Daily Bible Verses: Days 3-7

*I’m starting my quest to read the Bible in a year. I’m using a structure in which I read from three separate books a day. I want to share the most meaningful verses/passages from what I read each day. On rare occasions I’ll elaborate, but most often I’ll simply post Scripture. I’m currently reading Luke, Genesis, and Psalm.

Genesis 6:6 - The Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.

Genesis 11:4 - They said, "Come, let us build for ourselves a city, and a tower whose top will reach into heaven, and let us make for ourselves a name, otherwise we will be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth."

Genesis 12:2 - And I will make you a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great; and so you shall be a blessing;

Psalm 3:3 - But You, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the One who lifts my head.

Psalm 5:4 - For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness; no evil dwells with You.

Psalm 5:6 - You destroy those who speak falsehood; the Lord abhors the man of bloodshed and deceit.

Psalm 6:4 - Return, O Lord rescue my soul; save me because of Your lovingkindness.

Psalm 7:17 - I will give thanks to the Lord according to His righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Luke 6:35 - "But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men.

Luke 8:39 - "Return to your house and describe what great things God has done for you." So he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him.

No comments: