12.12.2007

Daily Bible Verses: Day 1

*I’m starting my quest to read the Bible in a year. I’m using a structure in which I read from three separate books a day. I want to share the most meaningful verses/passages from what I read each day. On rare occasions I’ll elaborate, but most often I’ll simply post Scripture. I’m currently reading Luke, Genesis, and Psalm.

Luke 5:30,32 - The Pharisees and their scribes began grumbling at His disciples, saying, "Why do you eat and drink with the tax collectors and sinners?" And Jesus answered and said to them, "It is not those who are well who need a physician, but those who are sick. I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance."

Genesis 1:26 - Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Genesis 2:23,24 - The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man." For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.

Psalm 1:2 - But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night.

Psalm 1:6 - For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.

No comments: